If you have been a follower of my articles, it shouldn’t be much of a surprise when I say that I believe that the word “success” is greatly misunderstood. Today I will be presenting how to succeed at life.
The value of a person’s life can be measured subjectively, or according to each of our own interpretations, but I believe that success has a definitive value that makes it easy to identify.
Also, be sure to check out my review of the Top 10 2018 Best Books for Personal Development!
The more familiar we become with something, the more we become used to it’s presence, and the more recognizable it becomes for us.
It’s like seeing a brand-new watch for the first time verses seeing it again after 3 months of wearing it. Not much has changed if it has been well kept and maintained, but it is no longer something foreign or new to us; we are used to it.
With that, I would like to make the following statements and attempt to widen you view of a well-known, and a not so well-known topic.
Success Is Universal
If we are going to make progress here, I believe that it is important to establish this fact off the bat. Not only for grammar’s sake, but also so we can recognize what we want to obtain. Success has definable traits.
We can recognize it because it’s inherent characteristics stay the same. It might wear a different suit, but it retains it’s nature.
It’s one thing for me to say that you can just walk outside and identify a successful person because of their gold watch or their clothes, but that would be shallow and would be the equivalent of judging a book by it’s cover.
Success really should not be identified by monetary gain, otherwise lottery winners would be some of the most successful people on the planet, but history tends to repeat itself.
People who are given more power, wealth, fame or influence usually abuse it if they weren’t properly handling what they had before acquiring said affluence. These acquisitions become like a magnifying glass for many, making their possessions bigger… and their problems.
The qualities of success are the same for everyone, and they are all based off of some key principles.
To understand these principles, lets take a look at common examples of success in people’s lives.
How Others Live as A Success
Successful people have the following qualities:
- These people are full of integrity, they do what they say.
- They manage their money well, treating every dollar as a worker of their dreams.
- Working with others well and surrounding themselves with people who complement their own abilities or help them overcome weaknesses.
- The areas of their life are in harmony. (Business or Investing, Relationships, Environment, Career, Recreation, Health & Wellness, Giving, Spiritual Life, and Education). It’s important that you don’t neglect one in favor of another.
- Many are also noted as excellent givers and helpers of others. Some of the most notably wealthy or successful people are also renowned writers or teachers! Robert Kiyosaki, T. Harv Eker, and Suze Orman are prime examples of this.
Success Is A State, Not A Result!
I’ve touched on some of the qualities of success and how others can be easily recognizable as successful, all of this leading to my next point: Success is a state, not a result!
What I mean by this, is that our accomplishments, our possessions, our charities and our jobs don’t make us successful. A better statement would be that they can’t.
Success is not defined by the external, but the internal. In other words, I determine when I am a success. People can only observe and comment, they will never define me.
The reason so many people have achieved the level of success that they have today, is because they didn’t live by accident.
They didn’t live hoping that success would fall into their laps. They didn’t live believing that it was impossible, and instead of arguing whether something was possible, they simply went out and did it.
Failing & Learning
This is where a proper mindset has been so important for me. It is very easy for me to be judgmental and condemning on myself. It is a daily practice to remember who I am and what every outcome means in my life.
Simply because a business doesn’t work the way we want, or because we go into unexpected debt, doesn’t mean that we are failures. All of this depends on my perspective.
I didn’t fail, I learned something. Failure indicates absolute loss with no foreseeable comeback. Learning indicates the processing of information. We fell off our bikes when we were young, but we kept getting back on.
Did I fall when I first tried to ride a bike? Yes, but I kept getting back up and learned from my mistakes. See the difference? Failure is never the end, only an opportunity to learn and grow.
It all depends on my perspective and mindset.
Mindset + Action = Success
To be a success, and to live a success are two different things entirely.
I could live acting very successful, but internally never believe that I deserve success or that I am capable of achieving my goals. This indicates a lack of mindset and internal structure.
I could be a person who has a great mindset, believing that he has every right and every ability necessary to be successful in life, but never take action on what I’ve learned. This indicates a lack of dedication, and laziness.
And of course, there are people who have overcome both issues and usually go on to achieve their dreams with flying colors. This is because they have laid a solid foundation internally and externally to live successfully.
These individuals believe that they are a success in life, seeing the positive that they do, and regularly show up to do what they say.
How To Succeed At Life 24/7!
To live as a success requires several easy, but usually overlooked steps:
1. Never stop learning and growing. Education doesn’t stop at High School or College, and in most cases, it begins with books from life coaches or business experts.
Depending on what you are looking for, I have created several lists containing my top picks with the most highly rated books in several genre’s.
A few of those include:
Be sure to check those out!
2. Learn to harmonize every area of your life. Neglecting one is like cutting a hand or a foot off. You will live, but it will be more difficult to do what you want. Success doesn’t happen by accident, it is a daily practice. Find out how to find balance in life with the “Life Balance Categories”, Here.
3. Do what you say when you say it. Schedule and plan your day! I use Google Calendar (Free) which gives me notifications on my phone through the app, definitely check that out if you don’t already have a day planner
4. Manage money well. No one likes going bankrupt… At least I hope not.
5. Take responsibility for your actions. A bit of a no brainer here, but something everyone struggles with.
6. Create goals. Decide what success in an area of your life will mean. You can be a success in life and never accomplish your goals, be a finisher!
Be sure to leave a comment below and send me an email with any questions you may have, I would be more than happy to help you!
Jacob is the featured author on FSB. He is a seasoned Internet Marketer and Financial Expert.
Some of his professional experience includes, Real Estate, Stocks, Business Management, Crypto Currencies, and he is a veteran Online Blogger.
He is an avid reader and investor. He has a passion for helping others succeed and overcome obstacles in their lives. He believes that “Knowledge Is Power”, and that people have the ability to do anything they set their minds to.
You can read more about him, Here.