The Rich Dad Poor Dad Book Review: My 2020 Honest Review Of Robert Kiyosaki’s Best Book
Rich Dad Poor Dad focuses on what separates the poor, and the rich. Robert shares his experiences as a child learning from his best friend’s dad. Robert would later call him his “Rich Dad”, due to his insight and wealth. That’s why today I will presenting the Rich Dad Poor Dad book review. I know it will help you make an educated decision before buying this book.
Covering key principles like:
- Buying assets and not liabilities due to liabilities draining your wallet.
- Reinvesting since taxes favor those who put money into new investments.
- The 3 primary asset classes (Real Estate, Businesses, and Paper Assets), in addition to some minor investments.
- It will also show you how Net Worth isn’t more important than Cash Flow.
- Especially relevant is using laws about taxes to your advantage on multiple levels.
- Most importantly, you will learn how the rich work for assets, and not for money.
Robert’s real dad was middle-class, and didn’t know how to get rich.
As a boy, Robert was already becoming an entrepreneur. His desire for “financial literacy” would drive him to do what many would consider, “unthinkable”.
The book will highlight key principles for the young and old. This book will probably become an absolute treasure for you and your family. The Rich Dad Poor Dad book review that I have created should provide some insight into how this book has helped me personally too!
- Average Customer Rank: 4.6/5
- Price: $
- Cheapest Place to Buy: Amazon.com
- Available in: Paperback, Hardcover, MMP, Audio CD
- Published: April 11th, 2017
Who Is Robert Kiyosaki?
First of all, Robert Kiyosaki needs no introduction. He is an international best-selling author, ranked among Amazon.com’s top 25 best authors, and has taken best-selling lists by storm globally. While I believe the Rich Dad Poor Dad book review I have created to be extensive, I highly recommend seeking a more thorough autobiography on Robert.
Best known for his book “Rich Dad Poor Dad”, Robert has influenced and changed the way people view money around the globe. As a result, thousands have been inspired by his insight and his backstory.
He has been my personal idol since I was a kid, and I can personally attest to the fact that you will never look at money the same way after you have read his books.
As I tell my friends, “This book will change the way you look at money forever”.
- This book will challenge the way you view your possessions and your situation in life. Robert claims that your car, your tv, and even your house is actually a liability!
- Maybe you didn’t know this, but standard education is not sufficient to educate your children about money! Robert is a firm advocate that academic education is going to set them up for failure! Learn what they really need and how you can give it to them!
- Robert’s backstory is an engrossing story everyone can enjoy, and is sure to be more than relatable for you. When I first read this book, I was pleasantly surprised by the extensive detail that went into presenting Robert’s origins and life story.
- Robert Kiyosaki is also a successful millionaire with business and investing experience that he has shared with millions everywhere! You can expect nothing but sound advice in this book. While I’m sure that you will find the Rich Dad Poor Dad Book review thorough, only a full autobiography can do Robert justice.
- This is an updated edition now that this book has been out 20 years. It was originally published in 1997. With new resources, information and learning material, this book just got even better!
- New versions you can get allow for different methods of learning. Audio CD’s are available now too.
- The reviews are off the chain good for this book and anyone who has read this book tells me that it became the foundation for their success in life.
The Not So Good
- People thought that Robert was too vague in some instances when talking about strategy.
- Some questioned the morality of his teachings, and said that they liked the book but cautioned people to read with discretion.
- Others have accused Robert of being a fraud and a cheat as a results of being misinformed about his taxes. In addition, some people criticized Robert’s business conduct presenting little evidence to back their claims.
- Negative reviews show little evidence that readers understood the point of the book or the size of the book that they were buying. People bought the wrong book size or said that they stopped reading after only about a third of the book. (I don’t think buying the wrong book size is warrant for negative review, and I don’t think it fair to rate a book badly after reading only a third of it.)
Who Will Benefit From This Book?
While I encourage anyone new to financial education to read this book, this is a book for everyone, and I mean everyone.
In the event that you own a business, this will give you greater understanding of how your business income and structure should flow.
Maybe you own stocks or paper investments, this book will help you base your investments on a firm foundation and handle the risk that goes with them.
Perhaps you are working at a job or are in any type of working environment. Because of the great strategies that Robert provides, this information will most likely be the difference between your family being forever poor/middle class and being wealthy.
Reviews and Ratings
Click Here to see ratings from readers like you on Amazon.
The Rich Dad Poor Dad Book Review – My Conclusion
Because of mass written publications these days, thousands have attributed their success and financial understanding to this book over and over again.
Robert has made a book that took the world by storm! To this day it remains one of the best books on money you will ever read.
As a result of Robert’s work, me and my family have read this book repeatedly, and every time we come away with someone new that we hadn’t seen or didn’t remember.
I never imagined how this book would shape my view on money. Or how it would push me to achieve financial freedom the way it has.
While more applicable to the beginner, seasoned readers will find this an excellent buy.
I don’t know if I can consider anyone to be learned until they’ve read this book. It contains how to be financially free!
It’s like someone saying they have been learning about money but never took the beginning course.
I say that because I don’t think there is a better book out there that is better suited. At least to help people understand everything they need to get free from the rat race.
Average Customer Rating
This book, after over 20 years, remains one of Amazon’s best sellers and has kept Robert Kiyosaki on the best seller lists longer than most authors have been writing. This book has impacted me greatly. The value in this book you will discover is worth every dollar. I think this book is under priced to be honest, so I highly recommend you act now and invest in yourself. This book is incredible and I can’t recommend it enough!
Let me know in the comments below what you thought of the Rich Dad Poor Dad book review! Also let me know how this book has helped you!
If you do not own this book, you are cheating yourself so bad, be sure to check this book out and order it! Success comes when we take action, not when we procrastinate!
Until next time my friends,