Today I will be talking about a controversial and sensitive topic. I have covered this topic in other posts, but I believe a more in-depth look at the truth can create a greater understanding of a common subject.
That’s right, I will be discussing the truth about earning money, and why earning doesn’t bring the financial success that it used to. I will also be comparing what people think money looks like, and how it really looks when it takes off it’s mask.
If you are not familiar with the shift from the “Industrial Age” to the “Information Age”, I have written an in depth article covering that very shift, and I highly recommend you check that out, Here.
Last but not least, I will also provide a list of easy actions that I believe can help improve your life quickly!
Let’s get into this shall we?
Why Earning Doesn’t Pay
While a bit of an oxymoron, I think it is all too true in modern day life. Earning is nothing more than an opportunity to build other people’s dreams while you taste a minute fraction of what they are actually reaping from their businesses.
People reaping the rewards of their businesses are usually built on the backs of hard-working employees. This is true even in internet based businesses where the original creator now outsources their work to other people so they can become financially free.
I’m not advocating that this is a bad practice, what I am saying however, is that there are better ways to make money in life and that a job is not the safest or most profitable way.
There Is No Restart Button
Before I continue discussing the idea of being an entrepreneur or investor, I would just like to point out something that tugs at me whenever I think about my future. There is no “restart” button in life.
If you have ever played a recent video game (shout out to you Star Wars Battlefront Fans), there are so many ways to fail or die in a video game that it’s almost laughable.
However, there is something called the, “Restart” feature.
For those who play first person shooters or combat games, if you die, you “respawn”. You come back to life, perfectly fine and ready to jump back into the fight. If you die, so what?
You are going to come back time and time again to bring glory to your team, faction or allegiance.
There is little humor in the idea that we could die at any moment and that all of our hard work and accomplishments won’t preserve us in real life, however.
Being Modern vs. Informed
Time is limited, I get one life on earth in this flesh bag called a “body”. I am going to die eventually, and I find myself asking the question, “What kind of life do I want to live? Do I want to live a life of struggle, or one of success?”
You can look amazing in life, pomp, proper, and shiny, but you could be completely uninformed. I’ll give you an example:
You go on a date with someone who looks like angles carved their face. They wear the most “in” clothing, they walk the walk, they drive a modern car, and they have great hair.
Their attitude is very attractive, they are charismatic and they speak fluently with a professional air. Everything about this person seems refined and up to date.
They are in on everything modern day. They follow the biggest stars, the latest technology, the best indoor décor, they follow politics, and maybe they are tech savvy enough to play some video games or enjoy indoor electronic entertainment.
You think the date is going great and proceed to ask this person what they do for a living, and they reply that they work a 9-5 at a moderate salary… and that’s it.
You get married, have some kids down the road, and raise a family with Daddy giving whatever is left of him after spending his life force for someone else’s dream, away from those he loves, or he is at least not all there for his family.
Having Money Work For You
On the cover, maybe you read this description of this date and wonder, “What’s so bad about that?”
Actually, nothing is wrong with this picture, and in reality, this is probably 80-90% of the people out there. I’m not saying everyone who goes on dates is like this, however, I am saying that most people today hold the exact same financial status: Employed.
Working for the man doesn’t bring you freedom, and anyone who has ever been let go or downsized will tell you that a job is one of the most insecure things in the world.
Especially in light of more and more companies bringing contractors (basically mercenaries) instead of hiring standard employees.
Let’s look at a comparison between a job and financial freedom for a moment:
What Is A Job Like?
- Has set hours, usually decided by employer.
- May or may not include benefits
- No retirement provided
- Pay rate is decided or negotiated by employers.
- Always has a pay cap in their profession.
- Usually has a limit to how many sick days they can take.
- May or not be able to work from home.
- Has less time for investing and business.
How Does Financial Freedom Compare?
- Sets their own schedule and works when they want to.
- Benefits are always included for the business owner or investor.
- Retirement has been achieved.
- Decides how much they will make daily.
- No limit to how much they can make.
- Has unlimited vacation and sick days.
- Working from home is always an option.
- Has unlimited time for business and investments.
What Happens 5 Minutes After Reading
Unfortunately, most people will read this post, and 5 minutes after, will not have taken any action to change their lives for the better.
People need a new direction in life, but old habits can get in the way. Building good habits in life is essential to true progress towards our goals. It does us no good to go on a diet and exercise for a day and spend the next week eating donuts and being a couch-potato.
I don’t mean to be offensive, but sometimes I wonder if most people really want what they say. Do they want financial success? They say they do, but I don’t think they want to work for it. I don’t think they want to read anymore now that they are out of school.
I think people are fed up with education because they realize where all of their hard work has gotten them… Exactly where everyone else is, employed.
If you have been a follower of my posts, then you already now that I don’t like reading things that don’t provide simple steps, so here are some simple actions you can take to start improving your financial status in life:
- Start learning about financial freedom. Read valuable and credible books. Watch important videos covering financial literacy.
- Get a life coach! They will think of the things you don’t and help you stay accountable to your goals! I recommend Life Makeover Coaching. (I have been enrolled for over a year)
- Start managing money better and more effectively, get out of debt and save money properly!
- Learn how to start your own online business! Build a cash flowing online business that you can work from home! Click Here to see my top recommendation!
- Use different vocabulary, start talking like the rich! Learn how the rich think with T. Harv Eker’s book, “Secrets of The Millionaire Mind”.
- Learn why a job no longer brings financial freedom and start building a solid foundation for your success in life with Robert Kiyosaki’s books.
I hope this information has been helpful for you today! Write in the comments below with any question or what you think of the article!